Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm a nail tech (student) and i am pregnant can i still continue going to school & work @ home?

I need to know if the chemicals used for artificial nails are dangerous for my unborn baby...can they affect the baby in any way??? please respond i am very concerned!I'm a nail tech (student) and i am pregnant can i still continue going to school %26amp; work @ home?
you need to let your teachers know right away so that they can let you know what you can and cannot do.I'm a nail tech (student) and i am pregnant can i still continue going to school %26amp; work @ home?
i was told that in your first trimester the chemicals are dangerous. thats why my dr told me not to get my nails done until i was late in my 2nd trimester but i remember before i was pregnant, i was getting them done every 2 weeks, and the lady that does them was working in there the whole 9 months. she had 3 healthy babies but my dr advised against it. chemicals in the nail fumes have fermaldahyde and formalin in it. google it mama. but i would check with your dr.
My sister was pregnant while she was going to school to be a nail tech. Her doctor told her just to make sure she stayed in well ventilated areas and wear a mask when possible. But it's always best to check with your doctor.
I wouldn't recommend it but I'm not a doctor I would talk to a doctor and your teacher to make sure that the chemicals will not affect you and your baby first before making any decisions about dropping out
You need to wear a mask so that you dont breath in the dust and the fumes from the acylic and remover. I would see what the dr thinks but A mask I am sure is fine.
i think it should be okay to still go to school and work but you need to consult your doctor about this just to make 100% sure. Goodluck :)
  • laons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment