Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting a nail tech license without proper schooling?

I've been hearing from reputable nail techs that you can purchase a nail license without having to go to a registered beauty academy but I find it hard to believe. I've been ';training'; for a month with a nail salon and I've done pedicures on customers which is completely illegal! They expect me to get my license in a few weeks which is unheard of to me because along with training there is also education and knowledge that comes with it and no one has been truly teaching me. I'm learning by watching and yet they're forcing me to work on clients and to get my license when I know I'm not ready. I've found a great school that will actually teach but I've heard before buying a license they would test your skills but what I would like to know is it actually possible to purchase a license without proof of background knowledge?Getting a nail tech license without proper schooling?
WTH? Believe me, no 'reputable' tech does nails without a license and formal training. That is not reputable. That's sleazy at best. Its people like that who give the nail industry a bad name. From a legal standpoint - no, you cannot buy a nail license. It is illegal to operate without one that was properly obtained.


This may be a sort of extreme example but think about this. Would you like to find out that your doctor or even your dentist never went to school but instead forked over some cash and bought their license to practice? Don't do it. The customers of nails salons deserve better than that. You won't be doing anyone a favor but yourself.Getting a nail tech license without proper schooling?
In most states, no. Most states require a verified amount of credit hours to be able to become a licensed cosmetologist or nail technician. That nail salon should not be in business if they are forcing you to do that...if I were you, I'd find somewhere else to learn at that practices legally...both you and the salon could face legal trouble if you were to be reported.
I dont think you should a get nail licence because it is illegal and you should not work at a nail salon that pressures you to do illegal stuff. And go get some more training from your registered beauty school.
oooo

No comments:

Post a Comment