Sunday, February 7, 2010

My stylist and nail tech get paid $250 per week base how much commission should they make on top of this?

I own a new salon and I am not too up-to-date on commission rates. How much should a nail tech and stylist make after the $250 base per week? And should I be paying my permanent makeup artist more commission than the stylist and nail tech? She makes the same base per week.My stylist and nail tech get paid $250 per week base how much commission should they make on top of this?
You should pay them the same percentage since they will also be getting tips from the customers themselves.





Look at your area's average pay for the jobs, then decide on how much you can afford to pay. Start off a little low so that there is room for a raise if things go well, and to insure that you can cover your overhead (rent, utilities, supplies, etc...) and still pay yourself a decent rate.





http://www.salary.com/home/layoutscripts鈥?/a>





I would start around 5-10% to see how it goes. They understand that you are a new business, so they shouldn't complain. Then if things go well, and you are making plenty of money, you can give a % rate raise every year or 6 months or whatever you choose to do.
  • my myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment