Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nail tech gave me wart. Can I sue?

In February, I was getting my nails done at Walmart and noticed that the tech had a huge uncovered wart on his finger after he had already started. I was in a hurry that evening, and he was already in the middle of the service (had already been touching my hands), so I decided to stay. I immediately scrutinized my hands to make sure there were no cuts that would be susceptible to viral contamination. I noticed a small cut on my ring finger. Sure enough, 2 days later a wart started forming where the cut was. I have since gone to the dermatologist 6 times to get it removed and have spent approximately $300.





I feel like I should sue the nail tech for my medical bills and cost of the manicure. He probably has not bothered to get the wart removed considering he didn't as much as put a band aid over it when doing my nails. Would this case hold in court?Nail tech gave me wart. Can I sue?
Yuk, I can understand your anger..Yes you can sue but it would be hard to prove that it was his wart contaminated you as you can pick it up anywhere..I would report it to the health and safety authority first and if they verify your story then mabe you have a good chance..Nail tech gave me wart. Can I sue?
Causation will likely keep any attorney from suing on your behalf. A wart could have come from anywhere. I would be hard pressed to believe there is actual proof you got a wart from a nail salon. To sue a nail salon, you will need a condition more specialized to nail salons, usually nail fungus.

No comments:

Post a Comment