Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I am a Nail Tech starting out to build my clientele. My salon is paying me 50% commission and I supply my?

acrylic and liquid. They supply everything else like for manicures and pedicures and polish. Is this a good deal? The salon wanted to give me $8.00 an hour but I asked for commission instead. In the past 3 weeks that I have worked I have made less than $200 total. Did I make a mistake asking for commission? Would it be an inconvenience for me to ask the owner for hourly for a few months until business picks up? What would you do?I am a Nail Tech starting out to build my clientele. My salon is paying me 50% commission and I supply my?
Definitely salary first, then commission. You need a clientele to work only based off of commision. Being someone who was taking Esthetics, and a current Makeup Artist, I know how difficult it is to start out in this business.





Minimum wage here is $8.00 so it doesn't seem a lot to me, especially for someone who is certified, however depends on where you live. You can sit down and discuss it with the owner, just tell them you misjudged it, and find it would be easier right now to work from a salary base, rather then commission. Once you do get a good clientele going and establish that, you can switch back over to commission, where you can make a mint doing Nail Tech.





Good luck with your career!I am a Nail Tech starting out to build my clientele. My salon is paying me 50% commission and I supply my?
you should be making salery plus commission and your best bet is going to be booth rental that way you pay a flat rate to shop and the rest is yours to keep, you also get to name your days and time you work, this really the only way to go but for now commissiom is good until you build a clientel good luck on your new adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment