Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do you know if the nail tech is also not doing a good job?

I was going to this place by my house for a while but I read that the way they do the nails aren't good for you. I wanted to know what I should look for and what I should look to as an alternative salon.


The place I go to now is run by mostly avian people and I'm worried about the tools they are using (being clean or not) and it's usually only like $20.


I have been to a salon to get them done before but they don't last as long and are more expensive than the $20 salon.How do you know if the nail tech is also not doing a good job?
If they are running the drill on your cuticle causing you it to sting/burn or even bleed, that is not good. Also, if you ever get a green tint under your nails after a while that means they are not sealing them up very well and they are getting moisture underneath and they are literally growing a fungus (take them off if this happens). Another thing is if they break or lift off sooner than they should. A good set of nails should last all the way between fills and not lift.





I have been getting my nails done for 8 straight years and I have had some really good jobs and some really bad. Try different places until you find a tech who you like and makes the nails look great and last all the way between fills.


I finally found a salon that advertises how good their sanitation standards are and they even have a little box in the back with your name and customer number on it that has a nail file, etc in it that they only use on you. You might look around your area for something like this.


You kind of get what you pay for so if you want a really good job you might have to spend more than $20. I spend $35 on a full set of solar nails and $27 for a solar fill every 3 weeks. (Solar nails are a bit more than arcylic nails but they are prettier and stronger.)





Hope I helped =)

No comments:

Post a Comment